Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tomato Tandoori Masala

The spring has arrived here and last weekend we had our first barbecque of the season.V prefers the Indian version, tandoori style but we also like the dutch version with satesaus for accompaniment. Well the moral of the story is that I had some tandoori paste remaning and wondering what to do with that. I had read the recipe for tomato bharta on Vegetable platter  which was the inspiration for this recipe.It turned out to be an awesome recipe for a simple and spicy meal.Well I used
  1/2 cup left over tandoori paste
  3-4  tomaotes with 4 slits.
  1 finely chopped onion.
  2-3 spoonful of peanut paste.
  1 tsp garam masala (if using)
  Oil
  Salt
  Cilantro to garnish.


 I slit the tomatoes and marinated them in the paste for 15-20  minutes. Meanwhile I chopped the onions and stir fried them in 2 tsps on oil until they turned transluscent and pink then add the tomaotoes and cooked them on low flame untill they turned mushy. Once the tomatoes are cooked its time for peanut paste and salt. Garnish with cilantro and serve. I served them with rotis but I guess it could be served with jeera Rice or other mildly spiced rice as well.

1 comment:

TNL said...

That looks like something I would like....will try it!

cheers,trupti
the spice who loved me