Friday, June 26, 2009

Tofu Tikka










V and I are a die hard Paneer fans. Here we do not find it at the local supermarkets and often Paneer is a dish for special occassions.One weekend my tastebuds tickled and I longed to eat Paneer tikka. I got hold of my cycle and started off . I had to look for options. The dutch are famous for their cheese and I started eyeing the section. Mozarella caught my eye, but it melts away easily.The "vegetarisch" section I saw the tofu sitting there and it was the perfect alternative !!!!!


Paneer tikka as I usually made back home was trail and error and the recipe evolved itself.


I used.
1 packet of Tofu .cut onto cubes


Capsicum , tomatoes, onion, cut into cubes.

Mushrooms whole.


Marinade:


Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp


corriander-cumin powder 1tsp.


turmeric 1/4 tsp
red chilli powder ( as per taste)


Tandooori Masala / Garam Masala 2 big sps.


curd


finely chopped corriander


2 spoons of besan


Salt to taste


&


"sate sticks" thats what they call them here in Nl for the tikka


Now what I did was . I kept the tofu and the Vegetables in seperate bowls and and poured adequate marianade over them and left it for an hour or so.


Arrange the vegtables and the tofu on the stick and shallow fry it in pan or a skillet or you can grill in alternatively at 10-15minutes at 150 degrees C.

Garnish with Salad and serve hot.
















No comments: