Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mushroom Rice....


The mushrooms I found here in Holland are really big , white and immensely clean .They always attract my attention when I am at Albertheijn, peeping at me .I dont loose time to decide that they have to be in my shopping trolley.They are always handy whether its soup or rice or pakodas or subji or tikkis.I will try to cover all these varieties when I make them the next time so that I can carefully monitor the quantities of ingredients I add to them so I can post them here.

Being a Goan at heart, I prefer rice and its types at all times. Even the my hubby's dabba carrries a variety of rice dishes.I have been making Mushroom rice since they have been easily avilable in the Mumbai markets.My inspiration is the fried rice recipe.
Ingredients:
1 cup rice
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup vegetables- sliced cabbage, springonions, carrots grated, mung sprouts etc.(optional),
6 cloves of garlic chopped
1tsp ginger grated
oil for cooking
pepper powder
Salt
1 tsp Soy sauce
Chili Sauce

Method:
Soak rice in warm water for half an hour leave it on the sieve for the water to drain.Heat alarge pan add around 2tbsps of oil and then add the rice toss the rice well.Add pan full of water and salt and oil and allow to cook. When rice is cooked ( ek dana kachha) drain off the water and allow it to cool.
In another pan take some oil and saute the vegetables and the mushrooms along with the garlic and ginger.Toss them well.add pepper powder and salt to taste to this mix.Add the cooled rice the vegetablesand again toss well. Add the spring onion shoots and grated carrots for the garnishing when hot.Add soy sauce and serve hot with chilli sauce.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

► Rice and mushrooms is a great mix. ◄ And with putting ginger it will taste all the better. You are a great blog. ☼